I found this schiacciata recipe at Foodie International and because I had some fresh, free range eggs, I just had to make a frittata to go with it. It was heavenly. This Tuscan flatbread is light and hearty and perfect for dipping and scooping.
Lemon Kale Frittata
1 dozen eggs
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. salt (add more to taste)
2 tsp. pepper
2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 large onion (small diced)
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 cups kale (de-stemmed and cut into small pieces)
1 cup goat cheese
1 tomato (medium diced)
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. In a medium sized bowl beat eggs, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
3. In an oven save skillet, sauté garlic, onion, salt and pepper in olive oil over medium heat until translucent (about 2 minutes).
4. Add Kale to garlic and onion. Sauté until the kale has wilted (about 3 minutes).
5. Using a wooden spoon, spread kale, onions and garlic evenly on the bottom of the skillet.
6. Pour egg mixture over kale, onions and garlic. Stir lightly until mixture is evenly dispersed in skillet.
7. Sprinkle goat cheese evenly on top of egg mixture.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with tomatoes and fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy.